If you’re a homeowner, you’re surely aware of how expensive new windows can be. Replacement windows in Portland, OR and the rest of the country come with big price tags, but why? If they’re so expensive, how can you save money while still getting quality windows? Read on to learn more.
There are three main factors that influence the overall cost of replacement windows:
- The amount of windows that need to be replaced
- The type of replacement windows chosen
- The difficulty level, or amount of labor, the installation requires
Unless you’re building or buying a new home, you don’t have much control over how many windows needs to be replaced, since you can’t control how long it takes windows to age or how many replacement windows your home has. While you can shop around for good deals on window contractors, you also don’t have much control over how much the labor and installation will cost. So, if you’re hoping to save money on your replacement windows you have to control what kind of windows you choose.
You can save money on what kind of replacement windows you choose by:
- Going with function over fashion. Custom windows cost more money, and functional windows can help save you money on your energy spending.
- Simplicity is key, since trendy or fancy windows come with big price tags. It’s also easy to add decoration to simple windows on a budget.
- Choose longevity in material. Wood windows take a lot of maintenance and money, while vinyl windows are cheaper and easy to care for.
However, it’s important that you don’t cut corners on safety and energy efficiency. In fact, spending more money on energy efficient features can save you money later on.
If replacement windows still seem too expensive, keep in mind that they can help you save money over the years through:
- Lowered Energy Bills –New windows make your home more weatherproof so your heater or air conditioner doesn’t have to work as hard. This lowers your energy bill to save you money and help protect the environment.
- Government Incentives –Federal, state and local governments often offer tax credits and subsidizations for energy efficient replacement windows.
- Maintenance Costs –New replacement windows are easier to clean and maintain than older models, so you’ll spend less time and money on maintenance.
- Increased Home Values –Replacement windows greatly increase your home’s value. This will get you more money if you ever choose to sell, or save you money if you ever refinance.
If you want to learn more about the cost of replacement windows and how you can save money on your home improvement, contact Lifetime Windows & Doors. We offer a range of Portland, OR replacement window services and would be happy to help you however we can. Please visit us at 14710 SE Lee Ave, Portland, OR 97267, or give us a call at (503) 230-0500 today.
The Real Cost of Replacement Windows in Portland OR - Vancouver WA - Bend OR
And Surrounding Areas