When considering replacing windows, there always seems to be a gray period of time when the question lingers: is it time to replace these windows or do they have another good year or two left in them?
Our team can help. At Lifetime Windows & Doors, we specialize in window installation, repairs, and upkeep of all types of home windows. Further, we are partnered with the top window manufacturing companies in the country—which means our replacement windows will last for years and years and provide you beautiful, safe, and durable protection from the elements.
For nearly 20 years, Lifetime has been serving the Portland, OR, area to make the residents here feel more at home, surrounded by windows to frame the incredible views our state has to offer. And, we have learned a few things along the way. For starters, you should consider replacing your current windows when you have:
- Warped or rotten wood frames.
- Windows with condensation and fog between double-pane glass. If you are seeing this, the seals are broken and even though you may be able to get the window defogged, it’s best to replace the sash altogether.
- Difficult-to-locate replacement hardware. This happens sometimes: window manufacturers may discontinue certain parts and they are nowhere to be found online. In this instance, a full window replacement may be the only option.
- Broken window. Obviously, a replacement is needed (in cases of severe storm damage, baseballs through the window, etc.).
- Energy inefficient windows. This is arguably in the gray area, for some. According to the professionals, a window which loses conditioned or heated air and/or is not doing its part to consistently regulate indoor temperatures is a window past its prime. Portland homeowners need windows that will assist them in keeping heating and air conditioning costs down, ensuring their families are comfortable, and consistently environmentally responsible.
If any or all of the above applies to your home windows, it is time to start thinking about your windows replacement Portland Oregon project. Even if it’s just one window—give our team a call. When you do decide to get started, there are a handful of materials from which you can choose:
Pros: affordable, extremely durable, low maintenance, great insulator.
Cons: can’t be painted, somewhat limited color options.
Pros: low maintenance, quite durable, can be painted.
Cons: a bit more expensive than vinyl.
Pros: thin frames, strong.
Cons: poor insulator, not ideal for coastal climates, due to the potential for corrosion.
Pros: ideal for custom work and historic structures, strong.
Cons: most expensive, requires constant maintenance.
It is important to remember not to overlook replacing windows as a necessary restoration project for your home. Portland residents who have entrusted Lifetime Windows & Doors agree: quality and beauty can coexist. Our team insists on providing our clients with the highest level of satisfaction—no matter how great or small the project. Contact our professional and friendly team to get started!
Lifetime Windows & Doors | 14710 Southeast Lee Ave. | Portland, Oregon 97267 | (503) 230-0500
To Replace or Not to Replace: Your Portland Home Windows in Portland OR
Serving the Greater Portland Area