Home renovations typically include a whole-home replacement project for windows and entryway doors, which can feel like an overwhelming undertaking. Further, changing these particular features transforms and elevates the look of a structure, so choosing wisely is imperative. To ensure your home is upgraded with the best of the best—review this guide:
- Check the brands
Quality materials come from quality brands. This will take a bit of research on your end but will be well worth it. Names you can trust:
- Milgard windows and doors: local Oregon window and door manufacturer specializing in vinyl, wood-clad, aluminum, and fiberglass.
- Simonton windows and doors: extensive experience in vinyl window design and manufacturing and beautiful, durable doors.
- Solar View windows: dual-paned windows with triple-pane “behavior:” clear, highly energy efficient, beautiful.
- Simpson doors: large range of wood doors in inspiring styles (size limit: 6’ wide by 10’ tall)
- Masonite doors: decorative fiberglass and steel doors with a wide range of traditional sizes and designs. All doors include intricate glass inlays which can be mixed-and-matched to suit your personal design perspective.
- Codel doors: leading manufacturer in the Pacific Northwest of pre-hung steel and fiberglass entry doors. Many feature beveled glass.
- Beffelen doors: another beautiful wood door option with more than 100 years of customization experience.
- Therma-Tru doors: one of the nation’s leading manufacturers of steel and fiberglass door systems since 1962—specializing in that “wood-grain” look.
- Compare your options
It’s always good to compare and contrast the pros and cons (as applicable to your home, family, budget, and needs) between the different styles and brands. You may find you are surprised by what will and will not work best with your architecture and design preferences. Compare everything: colors, materials, hardware, window and door styles (and how they complement one another), shapes and sizes, cost.
- Do not compromise on energy efficiency
Why purchase replacement windows and doors if they won’t serve your home and your wallet for the better? Energy efficient products save you in the long-run in energy costs (heating and cooling). Look for the ENERGY STAR sticker for specific ratings.
- Let the ratings be your guide
Window ratings will tell you everything you need to know to make an informed decision. Be sure to familiarize yourself with U-factor and R-value and remember that the lower the number, the better the rating.
- Rapport and longevity
Whatever windows or entry door you choose be sure to choose a reputable company with years of installation experience—you do not want a brand new installer working on your home. Quality work is as important as quality materials.
Renovating your windows and entry door in Vancouver, WA does not have to be an overwhelming task. Call the team at Lifetime Windows & Doors. We look forward to working with you and achieving the design you want with the dependability you need for your Vancouver home. Any questions you may have—bring them to us! We hope to see you soon!
Lifetime Windows & Doors
5021 NE 94th Avenue
Vancouver, WA 98662
FINDING QUALITY REPLACEMENT WINDOWS AND DOORS IN VANCOUVER, WA in Portland OR
Serving the Greater Portland Area