No matter what the reason for your Bend, OR window replacement, from energy efficiency upgrades to plain old windows, your new windows are going to come with a fairly large price tag. Windows are a big investment, and that’s not a bad thing, as you need high quality windows to make your home efficient, secure and beautiful.
However, just because you need to be OK with spending some money doesn’t mean you should overspend on your window replacement. Use these tips to make sure you get your new windows without breaking the bank:
- Why Are You Replacing Your Windows? – If you know why you are replacing your windows, you’ll have a better idea of your priorities. If you know what your priorities are, you’ll be able to choose where you want the majority of your money should go. For example, if you’re replacing your windows for energy efficiency reasons, then you know that technology and quality construction are important, but if you’re replacing your windows for cosmetic reasons, you can spend more on design and less on technology.
- Choose Your Materials Carefully – Window materials are crucial for longevity, price and maintenance; all of which are key for staying in budget. Every different material, from vinyl and aluminum to wood and fiberglass, comes with both advantages and disadvantages. Again, you need to be clear on what’s important to you to make the best decision. For example, if you’re all about a classic look, it might be worth it to spend the extra money on wood windows. But, if the cost and convenience are big for you, you should consider vinyl.
- Stay Basic – The more basic the window, the lower the cost. If you’re OK with shelling out more money for a custom shape, color or style, that’s great. However, if you stick with more common styles you’ll save a lot of money. Go with single-hung, double-hung or sliders in popular colors, as they are the most inexpensive options.
- Negotiate – Like buying a new car, its OK to negotiate with your window dealer. Most companies will even price match with other businesses or add in extra savings, but only of you ask.
- Too Good To Be True – If a window has an amazingly low price, there’s probably a reason. While its great to save money where you can, cutting too many corners or choosing low-quality windows will only cause you to spend more money in the long run.
- Work With The Best – A quality window contractor is essential for a good installation, since poorly installed windows wont do their jobs and will cost you money. Choose a contract that’s reliable and professional, and adheres to safety and quality standards.
Lifetime Windows & Doors, located at 14110 SE McLoughlin Blvd, Milwaukie, OR, 97267, offers premium window replacement services in Bend, OR. Give us a call today at (503) 230-0500 to learn more about what we can do for you, or to get started on your window replacement.
Avoid Overspending On Your Window Replacement in Portland OR - Vancouver WA - Bend OR - Salem OR
And Surrounding Areas